Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Soooo, How did They Work???

MPH

Recall reading about a lot of you putting your snow blowers away and mounting your tillers and mowers last weekend. When I heard reports of a foot to 16 inches of snow back east somewhere a couple days ago couldn't help but wonder how these ole famed Simplicity/AC mowers work in the snow.. Does the grass catcher suck it up pretty good??? Do the tillers clog up???MPH

Marty, I haven't watched the weather yet this morning, but local paper has a headline of a possible foot of snow tomorrow!!! This I really could do without. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

Marty, They're calling for 4" to 6" of snow in NW OH tonight and tomorrow, snowblower is still on...:p:(

They say we are in for 6+ inches by monday:(! If you have as many tractors as I do you just leave the attachments on :D I have the blade mounted on the old Wheel Horse,Blower on the old Broadmoor,Mower on the other old Broadmoor, and 4211,and Tiller on the old Landlord.I need to get more tractors though cause I still have the revitalizer, tiller, blade ,and another blower for the Broadmoors and mower,blower,and blade for the old Landord;):D:D

Up here on 04/04 we had freezing rain and then ice pelts. My tractors still have the snow blower and snow blade on them,was waiting for the mud to dry Freeze before changing them over.:D More snow you say?[:0]:(!:( Karl

Well, I got up @ 4:00 to push 6-8" of snow. Too lazy to hook up the snowblower so I took the tiller off the Big Ten and put on a blade. Thought I'd better get it done this morning before it becomes a sloppy mess. Supposed to get another 1-4" this morning yet and then 40's tomorrow and 60's by wednesday!! It was 88 last wednesday!! Iowa weather is hard to judge!!:(

I left the snowblower on. Call it a little nervous feeling after the winter we had here in NJ. The weather service is calling for 4-8 in. here in western NJ. And it's already started to snow.

I left the blower on my 9020. Most of the crew at work have been giving me a hard time about it. Now some are asking if I can do them a favor. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between a procrastinator and a genius. Oh well, I should'nt have to buy any beverages for a week or two. Ken

I'm like the others - I levae the snowblower on year round. It served me well last Saturday moving 4-5 " of wet slop. And tonight we are supposed to get 5-9 so it will get at least one more workout before being put to the back of the shed for a well deserved rest. Steve

This time of the year I figure God put it down and he'll figure out a way to make it disappear.