Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

64 Landlord won't go???

Bunky

My 64 landlord won't move when placed in gear.. the thing on the right side of the axle just clicks... It seem like years ago my cousin had a tractor that had that piece on the axle bad and he parted his out are the parts available??

The differentials are still available new, but they are not cheap. I have one listed on ebay thats real cheap. Ray

I downloaded a Manual off simplicity site but it doesn't give the part number for the total assembly.. Does someone know the part number for the Assemly???????

Dave-Saratoga
complete assemblies are not available. you'll need to get the part numbers from an old simplicity manual or a dealer. Are you sure it is the differential? I just re-did mine. Prices were a bit high, but cheaper than a new tractor, by far (and better than a new tractor). Did you check on Simple Tractors for links to tech pubs? If you still have problems, I could fax you those pages with part numbers. email me at orogenic@aol.com if you need them good luck dave

that's what's wrong with the one i'm getting.the right side differentials shot.i was told that the rear out of a 725 is the same.so the one i have won't be to expensive cause i only gave $25.00 for a whole tractor and already made my money back on the motor.