Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Landman

Sleeve Hitch vs 3 Point

Landman
Hi All, ?? Looking for opinions/information on a sleeve hitch or 3 point for my 1993 AGCO 1920 (Sunstar). What are the advantages of each? Can Cat. "0" attachments be readily found, I know there are many sleeve hitch attachments out there. Anyone know where I can find a used one of either of these? I am going to build from scratch, buy pieces from Simplicity, a combination of both, or buy used if I can find one. Thanks for the help, look forward to talking with ya'll. Paul

johnmonkey
Try doing a search on this site and see what you come up with. There has been lots of dicusions about hitches and I'm sure that you will find some useful information. Good luck, John H

powermax_paul
Many category 1 attachments can be converted to category 0 by changing to 5/8" pins and turning the pins inward. Check northerntool.com. They have lots of attachments.

Landman
Thanks all. I have some photos I took of an ultima in for service at my local dealer. It has a lift assembly similar to the one in do it your self but quite a bit larger with bushing/bearing end pieces that fit into the frame. The bottom bracket seems fairly basic as well and I think it is for both the bottom of the sleeve bracket and the bottom attachment point of the 3pt. Looks like its time to start welding.