Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Paint and Decals - Again (Sorry)

Brent_Baumer

Brent_Baumer
Two Questions. 1. Can someone who has a B or HB-110, 112, 210 or 212 take a close up photo of the "B-210" decal with the outline style font. I want to make a custom decal with this font if I can. 2. I've been looking for Kent's "Brilliant Yellow" spray paint and can't find it. Was the B-210/212 color slightly golden/yellow or orange/yellow like what it appears to be in numerous brochures and in the gallery? I have found 2 rustoleum yellows. Safety Yellow which is not at all golden, really bright yellow, and another which the name escapes me at the moment that is more golden but still yellow. Thanks, Brent

Brent_Baumer
Thanks Maynard. Those'll do just fine. Couldn't find any good pics in the gallery or the brochures. Brent

IMO, Caterpillar Yellow is closer to the original color of the 100/200 series than the normal Rustoleum colors. They're to "yellow and bright" while the original color is a golden yellow, as you described. BTW, I think the other Rustoleum color you're thinking of is Sunburst Yellow....

Brent_Baumer
You're right Kent. It is Sunburst Yellow. I just couldn't think of it last night. Is it fairly close to the original color? I do not care if it is an exact match for what I'm using it on. Thanks, Brent

There are two different Caterpillar yellow colors, but I have not seen the two available anywhere but at a Caterpillar dealer. The "old" yellow is called Caterpillar Highway Yellow. This is very close to my B-210. Can't recall the name of the "new" yellow. It is closer to the yellow on my Big Ten, but not as close as the old yellow is to my B-210. Pat

brent,let us know what the cost of the decals is.i have a hb-112 that i saved from the crusher that i am trying to put back together.the sheetmetal isn't perfect so i wasn't worried about color being correct,sunburst yellow is still to yellow[thats the color that i'm using].anyone have a steering wheel for sale cheap?

I buy my Cat. Yellow from Jones Salvage at $4.99 a can. At link go to bottom of page and click on paint. [url]http://www.tractordecal.com/[/url]

Brent_Baumer
I ordered just the "Allis Chalmers" hood stripes today from Norm's Toys as suggested in the other post. (Black with white lettering with a white trim). The pair was $24. I'm gonna keep looking for Brilliant Yellow for now. Thanks, Brent

Brent_Baumer
Ahhh.. rustoleum.com. Now I see the difference. Better keep looking for brilliant yellow. http://www.rustoleum.com/ColorGroup.asp?ddc=3&SBL=1

Brent, My local Agway carries it -- $3.49 a can. It is American Accents brand, with smaller lettering that says "by Rustoleum." This is the only color that they carry that is gloss paint -- the rest of the American Accents line is satin finish. It isn't a perfect match for either the early tractors or 100/200 series, but seems somewhere between them. A fresh paint job is about the color of a faded 100/200 series for example. Since I have both types, and use them (not show them) I use this on both, and the attachments, so I can interchange at will...