Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SUNSTAR

rocko

I AM GOING TO LOOK AT A SUNSTAR TOMORROW. I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANY INFO ON THIS TRACTOR. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME INFO LIKE PROS OR CONS TO THIS MODEL? THANKYOU, MARK

Rocko, The Sunstars are a very good tractor. The ones with the Kohler Command are best. Rear ends are heavy built,decks are heavier also. You have to put a 3 point and rear pto on them to use any rear mounted items. I was at an auction today and one sold for $1600. Tractor looked great,48 inch deck,18 hp Command. I would have bought it but I have way too many projects going now. I could of sold it and made $1500 on it with no trouble. Steve J

I have a 1993 AGCO 1920 (sunstar, ultima) with 825 hours on it, a snow cab, single stage blower (shaft driven), and a 60 inch deck (shaft driven). This is an awsome tractor for the "mini" farm - home owner with a barn :). I have 600' of driveway with 400" at a fairly severe uphill grade. I live in Maine and the tractor has been flawless with regards to keeping the drive clean. I mow between 1.5 and 2 acres of lawn very comfortably. I have gone up a size or two with tires, have snow chains, and wheel weights. The tractor has spilt rear braking for steering assist and hi/lo hydrostatic drive. The tracter is VERY heavy and has a full frame. Mine has a 20 hp Kohler Command that I rebuilt this winter as it was loosing compression - $300.00+/-. Power steering. The tractor will take a bucket with a lift capacity of 400lbs, front and rear pto, 3pt CAT "0" hitch or a sleeve (brinley) hitch. You don't neet the rear PTO to use the 3pt, only if you want to run tillers, post hole diggers etc. I paid $$3800.00 for mine 2 years ago and have been very happy with the performance. Attachments are failry hard to find and expensive as they are quite serious impliments. I would go almost as far as saying this is the 2 wheel drive version of Kubotas BX line (almost, but it is approaching that level of tractor). Hope this helps some, good luck. Paul:)

My '94 has about 1450 hrs on the meter. I bought it for $425.00. I have a picture posted. I'll make no bones that it needs paint and in time some rubber. When it gets warmer, I'll have to run down a pesky engine oil leak. I did a compression check this winter and both sides are plus or minus of 150 PSI. So far I needed a new fuel pump and a upper sindle bushing for the steering. Also it came with a secocond mower deck that needs some paint too. I need it like a hole in the head. Like I said before, 14,000 sq ft of land of which the house is part of, four tractors and six Lawnboys of different age, I must be really sick. But then again I could spend all that money in a tarvern and have nothing.