Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My landlord 712h blade speed to slow for tractor s

Guest badback

Guest badback
I bought it at an auction runs great 48" deep deck. Ive replaced all the bearings new belt. But I'm sure it isn't the original deck was wanting to find what pulley or pulleys I might change to speed the new gator blades up?8)

On this tractor, you cannot change the pulley on the tractor. The pulley on the deck should be about 5" in diameter. If this is correct, I have a couple of dumb questions. Are you sure you have the correct blades? They have to be LEFT hand cut. There are Allis-Chalmers 48" decks with a right hand cut and they will fit as they have the same bolt pattern. Are you sure you have the right twist in the belt to get the proper rotation? The pulley and blades should be spinning counter-clockwise. Pat

One other thing to consider.Many people control the ground speed with the throttle.Throttle should be wide open,or close to it,and groundspeed controlled with the hydro lever.

I bought a deck last year. The seller told me he had aquired it from his neighbor after his neighbor was unsatisfied with how it was cutting. The guy had used it for one year and then threw it in the basement because it didnt cut right. He bought a gang mower to do a better job.... When I went to pick up the deck, the blades were on upside down. It mows great now!!!