Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3410 S IS NOW MOBILE!

G.Kiebler

I FINALLY GOT AROUND TO THE BGB ON MY 3410 S . iT WAS BY FAR THE WORST I HAD EVER SEEN, THE DRIVER GEAR RETAINER BOLT WAS GONE,WELDED TO THE DRIVEN SHAFT.I'M STILL SCRATCHING MY HEAD ON THAT ONE.THE 10 HP BRIGGS RUNS STRONG,IT DOES HAVE SOME ELECTRICAL WOES,IGNITION KEY DOESN'T WORK,I HAVE TO JUMP THE SELENOID TO START IT. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ENCOURAGED ME TO REVIVE THE TRACTOR INSTEAD OF PARTING IT OUT,THE SHUTTLE MAY HAVE A HOME ALONG SIDE THE OTHER LANDLORDS.^

My 3410 also has an igniton problem, bought a new ignition switch from simplicity for $36! Its a rare four pronged switch. Still have to jump the solenoid to get it to start, next step will be cleaning the voltage regualtor contacts, hope that fixes it! -Chris

I tested the ignition switch with my ohm meter,didn't show any resistance on any prongs with the key in every different position. I have a 6 prong,i'll adapt the plug so it will work. I noticed the switch looked like an unusual creature,if I can't locate one cheap enough ,I'll convert it.