Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow and ice in the Garden State

Tom_Byrne

On Saturday, after two weeks of weather in the high 50's I put the 707 plow tractor in the back of the garage so I could work on my 2010 resto. I should have closed the door, because the Snow Gods must have seen me}:). We got around six inches of snow and ice on Monday. Had to drag everything out again to get the 707 out to plow. Did anyone else do the same?:I:D

I stored the snowblower weekend before last, but left the blade out. Good thing! I had to reinstall the blade and plow twice. Once for the 1" of slush/sleet/ice we got on Friday night and then this morning for 3" of wet snow... Poor crocus have now been snowed on twice since they bloomed -- will this winter never end?

Tom, I too pulled the cab and snowthrower off of my 7116 on Sunday just in time to see a snowy mess on Monday. Who'd a guessed.

The Weather Wizards called for 6 to 8 inches here in Western Pennsylvania. I thought about putting the plow back on, but just resigned myself to a good workout if the snow showed.[:0] We got all rain. :D Makes for easy shoveling. My exercise will be shoveling mulch, topsoil, & planting shrubbery for my annual landscaping project(s). Tacey