Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Movin But Not Real Fast

DeanA

I had to replace the axle tube on my AC312H this spring. While at it I took the hydro pump and put new o ring's on the pintles and put a new shaft bearing and seal. Got it all back together but it seems there is a lack of power to the rear wheels. It moves but if you turn sharp it almost quits moving. I only had the pump apart not the motor or valve blocks, and I changed all the hoses and the filter. I am wondering if I have enough play in the linkage that it doesn't give me enough movement at the pintle to engage forward or reverse? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

It may be in the linkage adjustment. Could there possilbly be air in the system since you replaced the hoses? Ray

That's what I am starting to think that it's play in the linkage. There seems to be play in the cross shaft where the double ball stud is mounted as well, like there is wear in the frame rail. I tried to get the actual shifting lever out of the tractor to check that end for play as well but it seems stuck if the bushing. I think I'll try shifting it right from the pintle to see if that gets me more power out of the hydro unit or not. Thanks everyone for the input