Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Freebie! I picked up a blade this morning

country

This week is our "big trash" pick up week. My neighbor (whom I've never met) a couple of doors down had a front blade, mount and all, sitting our for the large trash pick up. Needless to say, when I seen it this morning on my way to work, I did a U-ie and turned around and put it in my truck. I looked it over when I made it to work. I have no idea what it fit. It has a manual left hand life. It has a right hand rod that turns and releases a catch lever allowing angle positioning from the seat. The cutting blade is trashed, almost looks like the aftermath of a cutting torch. So with some ingenuity, I have a free front blade for my AC917. Yeah!

Wow, now you can't beat free can you,8D sound like quite a find. Wish I had some neighbors like that;):D^

My neighbors are all too stupid to buy machines that are worth anything. Just murrys and MTD's and Troy builts and other CRAP. I cant score any good finds. I need to make a pilgramage to WI with about $2000 and pick up some stuff!!!!

stinkie, Come to NW Ohio with $2000 and I'll fix you right up, it's not as far as Iowa...;):D:D:D:o)

Guys, if I could find 2 things I would be happy: a steal of a deal on a hydro lift and a 16hp sim. or allis from the early 70's with the four headlights Is that too much to ask???????????

Well, good news and bad news. The good news is the blade was free. It is a Sears, which doesn't bother me, it seems to be decently made, heavy enough not to bend like a piece of sheet metal. The bad news, my suspicion was right, someone used a torch and cut off the cutting edge, right through the center of the four square holes for carriage bolts to hold the cutting edge on. So, it will take some work to get it to mount to my AC917, and some work to mount a new cutting edge. Oh, not to much to ask for free.