Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mbrook

Replacement Seats

mbrook
I checked the archieve to see if this has been talked about before but I've been getting a run-time error, so I decided to post this question. Where is the most economical place to get a replacement seat for my tractors. I need two and could use a third if I find them at a good price. I have checked a couple of local dealers (different brands) to find the least exspensive seat available. The best I could come up with was $45-$50 (ouch!). Does anyone else have any ideas where I can find a standard seat, nothing fancy? Thanks in advance.

Brent_Baumer
The replacement seat cushions that Small Engine Warehouse sells for Cubs fit the 3400, 7000 and 7100 series tractors. Not perfect but pretty good. Last I looked they were $15. I have purchased them for $8 and $10 by actually going to SEW. (I live fairly near there). I think it is smallenginewarehouse.com. You re-use your bezel just be careful putting the cushion on. It may take a couple of tries to get it straight. Trim off the excess vinyl and it looks factory. Brent

Tom_Byrne
MYTWO CENTS: Northern Tool has all kinds of seats to suit your needs. They even have a pan seat like the 60's Simplicity's had for $20. I bought a lot of thier seats when I was still in the rigging business for our forklifts and they were all good quality and reasonably priced.

IronPony
I replaced just the seat cushion on my AC712 with a new one from MACS hardware. Used the metal pan over. Cost was $9.00. There was discussion on this topic last fall. Should be able to find something in the archives. Dan

stinkie
I hear that La-Z-Boy makes one helluva tractor seat.......... I payed too much ($80) to get mine recovered, which was fine with me because the tractor has a lot of sentimental value and I wanted to keep it the same.