Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kohler Air Filter

11-8-99 @ 22:56 Does anyone know if a K & N, or similar, air filter is available for a Kohler OHC TH-18 engine?? Its dusty in East Tennessee and I don't think the OEM paper filter is going to last very long. K & N will check their stock if I give them the Kohler part number and dimensions for the filter. This information will also help. Thanks, Roy

A foam prefilter comes on the engine/tractor as standard equipment but it is very narrow and barely covers the paper portion of the filter element. John, How did you find the K & N to fit your B-110? I run K & N air filters on 3 of my vehicles. They work great! Roy

Roy, I seem to remember some discussion on this topic before. Its seems as though k&n does make one but I just cann't remember forsure. But I do know that some of the tractors that I either have or did have had the foam filter that goes on over the paper one. This helps in both filtration and helps keep the paper filter clean quite abit longer. You might check with your dealer about the foam filter to see if it will fit over your paper one if your interested.Or maybe someone else can help you more that I. Best->happyjack<-

I put a K+N on my B-110,it has a strechy rubber boot on the bottom of it , I think it fits about 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 inches. i rate it as about the best thing I've done to the old yellow. It greatly improved the performance and fuel economy on the 10 h.p. Briggs. Just make sure it's not running too lean if you install one as they greatly improve the air flow above cardboard filters. When I first installed mine I cut about 3 acres of grass on less than 1 tank of fuel when it would normally take atleast 2, but it was running way too lean. k+n all the way