Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

600/700/900 Series AC Tractors

JFS

Can anyone explain the difference between the 600/700/900 Series AC Tractors. I have seen pictures of each series and they look real close to the same. Even the HP ratings overlap. Also, I'm wondering if I'm the only member from California? I have been watching tractors and equipment on EBAY and it seems all is located in midwest or east coast. Been a couple of tractors I have been interested in but shipping cost's to Ca. bring the item to above its value. Thanks, I'm new at tractors but love my AC 710. Still haven't figured out the ignition switch problem.

Im not sure what the diffrence between the 600 seires and the other ones but there are not many diffrences between the 700's and 900's. One is the 900's have a taller and longer frame then the 700's also the 900's hoods are longer. also the 914 and up had standerd hydrolic lift on them were no 700's did i dont think. the hydro filter was moved from under the frame up to the side of the hydro. The seat had springs under it for a smother ride. Thats all i can think of now im sure i probley missed some.

The 700 and newer 900 series are essentially the same tractor, and the equivalent of Simplicity 7000 and 7100 Landlord, Baron and Sovereign series. There are minor differences, as the tractor was upgraded to newer style engines, front PTO was eliminated, etc. The 600 series are a much smaller and lighter tractor with a vertical crankshaft engine, and are the equivent of Simplicity 5000 and 6000 Broadmoor series. They don't have bevel gear boxes.