Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

'64 Landlord questions

Mike

hey everyone, Got a few questions. How much is a '64 Landlord worth in totally restored condition with the 3-point, and pretty much all original parts? Also on the dash there is like a chrome decal that covers the whole dash. Mine is getting old, does anyone know where to get a new one? And the seat that was on it when I bought it is a really low back seat. I think that its the original one, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any idea of what the real seat looked like? Thanks everyone!

I have a 64 landlord that has been totally restored-everything has been rebuilt useing all factory parts that is everything that needed it. The engine-trans-bevel gear box-pto-get the picture. When I bought mine about 15 years ago it was like new condition and it still is. Now the paint job is like I said at other times is a rust proventive one. I use this tractor for any and everything that it was designed to do and then some and is always getting messed up so a little touch up here and there is required. I was told from a couple of dealers that it is worth what ever I can get someone to pay for it. But it's not for sale anyway. If yours is like mine the dealers said anywhere from $1,201.00 to $1,506.02 with the mower deck which was also completely gone through. The chrome decal that you are talking about on mine is in good shape but like you said starting to show signs of age and I don't know where one can be had. The seat-if it is a original should not only be painted orange-cushion black- but it should have a white painted pin stripe that runs around the metal lip that holds the seat cushion in place. I never have heard of a 3 point hitch being installed or offered on any landord of that age. You might be referring to a class one or sleeve hitch as they are called but I have been wrong more then write as of late. It seems like everyone is curious how much their tractors are really worth-me included-but I have 4 tractors now and the worth of my 64 has never concerned me as I won't sell it anyway "well now" let me think on that one. I hope this helps you some and hopefully more imput from others will also. Best to all->happyjack<-

Jack, I think the hitch question is just terminology. Most people for some reason call it a one point hitch even though the attachments actual attach at 3 points. Your 64 probably has the 2 lower mount points and just missing the lift tube. My priceless not for sale at any price tractor is my old 67 B12 AC. It has the hydrualic 3 or 1 point hitch on it. Tim

"Also on the dash there is like a chrome decal that covers the whole dash." These are no longer available from Simplicity. But can get these decals from Norm Steinman. He specializes in Allis parts, and it may require you to get a full set for say the B-1. If you are really picky you'll want one of these for a proper restoration. I've been to Norm's my Allis project and they are identical to the factory dash decal. Everybody sees the dash, it would be worth it. You wouldn't want to see a pretty girl with bad teeth? Norm Steinman 212 So. Main St. Bourbon, IN 46504 (219)342-4545

You ask about the original seat. Unfortunatly pictures of the seat are hard to come by. (see link below) Basically they were metal pan seats with padded vinyl upholstery. [A href='http://www.simpletractors.com//images/new_in_1966_images/s_disc_harrow1x1.jpg']http://www.simpletractors.com//images/new_in_1966_images/s_disc_harrow1x1.jpg[/a]