Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ignition module?????

Bunky

Ok I bought a Omega Ignition module For my 3410 with the original 10hp briggs and I can't seem to make it work Is there something different about the ones Jack sell????? does anyone know the Make and model of the unit Jack sells...

Brent_Baumer
Does it look like the one Jack's sells? The one's I've seen look like jacks but sometimes the wires are different colors. Don't know what an Omega Ignition module is. Brent

The one I got Has 2 prongs 1 you hook to the ground and mount the control to the flywheel cover.. which is negative.. The other wire you hook to the wire from the coil and the key switch...

OK well I'm being told that these module only work on 100 so how many of you guys have these working on there units???

Brent_Baumer
I've been running this setup on my 3416H for over a year. Mower for 2+ hours each week with this machine all last summer with no problems. When I still had points I had to clean and adjust them at least twice per season. As you can see, this tractor has lots of oil leaks which contributed to the dirty points. Grounded the body and white wire under the same screw and spliced the black wire to the points wire from the coil. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//uploaded/Brent_Baumer/trigger2.jpg[/img]