Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Briggs 243431...

Bunky

I have a 3410S with a Briggs 243431 0627-01 7302201 engine.. Has anyone installed a trigger module on this model of engine?????

Bunky, I've used a module that I got from NAPA, It's called a Atom Electronic ignition module, part number 7-01750. I use these module on engines that have problems with the points getting damp, such as portable pumps and such, so far have had good luck with them. I still run old style ignition in my garden tractors.:)

I have the "Mega Fire" from Sten's and it's been going better then 10 years and not a problem. Like I said before, I still use the points to fire it. I had a problem when I first put it in with the engine backfiring when I tried to start it. I set the points at about .010 to make sure the "meg" will its thing. By using the points, it now fires every other up stroke. Have had this problem only with the cast irons. I have a 7010-6

1. Have you checked to see if you are getting spark and your starting problem is un-related to the module? 2. Maybe you just got a bad module? 3. Have you put the points back in, cleaned and re-set the gap to see if that cured your problem? 4. Tried a new spark plug? ????????

1) I have no spark 2) Could be a bad module.. 3) Never removed point just cliped the wire and yes I hooked them back up and it runs so plug is good... 4) have new plug...

Well I Went down to Napa Today picked up a Atom control module and Still no spark I tried to reverse the wires like the instructions said and still nothing.. A local repair shop say that there about 1 out of every 100 engine these work on.. I guess after spending almost $40.00 in modules I guess I will clean the points and run it....

I run mine with points, condenser, and a Kohler coil. Do not use a magneto. Same set of points for 15 years.