Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tanman722001

Frames

tanman722001
and for the second reason is that some people dont understand what i trying to ask. The shifter dont come thru the frame it comes up thru the dash section on the B110 and a bolt on plate on the Big Ten Thanks Tony

UCD
quote:
tanman722001 Participating Member USA 32 Posts Posted - Mar 29 2003 : 02:42:28 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, I'm getting ready to start on my Big Ten project. I have a question will a frame off of a B110, work on a Big Ten? The old one if junk. And i have this one laying around. It will be a couple of weeks before i start on it i have to finish my B207 first. Then the Big Ten and then redo my B207E.Then maybe if i can get some decal for my Landlords I will start on them and the B110. Thanks Tony
quote:
hello, no the frames from a big ten, b-10, b-12 are different from the frames of a b 100/200 series garden tractors. the difference is in the area of the shifter, where it comes up through the shift pattern. the big ten frame has more of a V shape to it where the b 100/200 series frame has more of a Y to the frame. rob http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15607&SearchTerms=frames
What was wrong about that answer? You asked a general question no specifics. you got an answer to the question you asked and it said why.

ChrisACB-112
I have a b-112, a b-12 (i.e one of each) and a digital camera. Just let me know what pictures you need and I'll send them (without pestering you about whether you're asking the right question). In short (without having the thing in front of me), the bottom part of the piece in front of the BGB is the same except where the BGB is bolted in. The back part is longer to accomodate the varidrive. If my memory serves me right, I think the parking brake lever is higher on the frame on one of them.

Kent
Unless I'm mistaken, the B-110 also has a hole in the frame to accomodate the speed control for the varidrive (the B-112 used them), the mounting of the clutch pedal is a little different, and perhaps even the holes for where you bolt the bulkhead, dashboard and "tunnel cover" on... I know I couldn't use a Big Ten frame that I had in my B-210, and had to find another one... This is all from memory, and that's certainly not what it used to be. :D