Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bunky

Tiller Drive ???

Bunky
I picked up a 32in. allis Tiller this weekend for My B112, it needs the drive, 1) are the Drive all Basically the same for these model tillers?? 2) does it take anything different for a variable speed tractor?? If anyone has a tiller drive I'm looking for one...

tanman722001
Hi, I'm not sure if they are all the same all i know is that they made different ones. Have fun trying to get one i have been looking for 2 years and the ones i found they wont sell them or u have to buy a complete tiller. Thanks Tony

PatRarick
I assume this is the old style, two pullies one about 9" and the other about 5" in diameter and a cast iron spacer with bearing in between? On this type, I have used pullies that are designed to have a hub welded on. I use the pulley only and simply drill holes for the three bolts that hold the assembly together. Have repaired three different clutch assemblies this way with excellent results. Pat

Kent
Yes the tiller drive will work. You'll need to put a longer Guide Assembly Rod on it, in addition to a longer belt, to compensate for the longer frame on the B-112. I ran one on my B-210 for a long time... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/tiller_ops1/figure_6.jpg[/img]

BLT
Bunky, make sure you get the belt release bracket and the belt release guard, as shown in Kent's sketch, if you find a drive. I had to make these two parts when I got the AC tiller for my 3112.

thedaddycat
You absolutely need the bracket because it anchors the end of the guide rod, but the drive will still work without the guard. I have one and I can mount it on the Putt Putt(Model 700) or the 3310V, but need to bend the free end of the guide rod out a tad(to clear the clutch lever nut on the end of the guide assembly) when using it on the shorter framed tractor. I suppose I could make a shorter guide rod, but I'd likely loose it between tilling seasons..........