Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC B-1

1ijack

Need help in finding out what year my tractor is, tag on back of seat reads 2206AC, my tractor is AC orange in color. Also would like to have orig or reprint owners service manual. Would like to know where I could purchase a seat frame and original grill. Thanking you in advance. Stephen

The B-1's were yellow from factory, orange didn't come about for the lawn equipment in 1971. Probably a repaint. I can only tell you that the B-1's were made only in 1962 according to the cross reference table on this site. -Chris

I'd have to agree with Chris here and say that it's a repaint! They must have done a nice job! Do you have any pictures of it to post?

If it is original factory paint then maybe it's a Simplicity 725 made into an AC B-1 or perhaps had B-1 parts like the seat pan put on it. The 725s were orange from the factory.

The tractor looks to me to be factory orange, maybe a repaint I don't know, if it is a repaint it looks authentic, where the orange paint has peeled off or chipped off you can see yellow paint beneath. The decals on the hood read Allis Chalmers B-1. If I was going to bet, I would say it left the factory with an orange coat of paint over the yellow.I haven't got any pics yet, but I should have in at least a couple of weeks and when I do I will post them. Thank's again for all the replys. Stephen.

Sounds like the yellow under the orange is the factory paint and someone did a good job of repainting it.....