Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Still looking for answers

JanH

:-/ Either I asked really hard questions previously or no one else has Wisconsin motors. Where are condensers and points to be had? or could magnito be bad? If taking cover off and turn magnito there is a jolt but no spark with the cover on. Tried at an autoparts store and they don't carry anything for small engines. As this isn't a Briggs motor that seems a dead end. I've looked at the other sites and no answers there or on email lists. :-( Is there somewhere to get involved in a club or something and get answers?

some parts for wisconsin engines you can get, but theyre hard to find, just need to know right parts place/ supplier

I get all my Wisconsin engine parts from a construction repair shop that work on things like generators water pumps and other construction equipment.There are a lot of wisconsin engines out there.I would look at the mag cover for cracks or a bad spring in the cover that makes contact with the coil.I have a few of these engines on my tractors.When they run they have a lot of power but they sure can hurt when they backfire and pull the the rope handle out of your hand.Bob

Hi Jan, we have many parts for the older magneto's. If we don't have the part, we can usually find it. Let me know what you need. Neal

On some mags that I have worked on the spark plug wire pull out of the mag. cover, this connection could need clean. Wisconsin engines was used on many ag. pumps and Gibson tractors. Last year I did find a couple web sites last year that was selling parts for mags including covers points, and condensors

the magnito seems to work i took it off the moter and spin it bu hand and touch thr metal thing that onnects to the cap i feel a jolt a small one i put a wire on it it doesnt spark but maby 1 or twice every 30 min or so i cleaned ithe cap aut no help im thinking its the condencer or points what does thoes two cost apr and cant i just find any 400vdc condencer and use it ?

Jan, Wisconsin engines have been bought out by Robin Engines (Subaru). To get the proper parts, you will need the Wisconsin model numbers. You may also need the magneto make (Wico, Fairbanks-Morse, etc.). Unless you have a rare antique, ignition parts should be readily available. Check out Jack's Small Engines (one of our sponsors) > http://www.jackssmallengines.com/index_ignition.html

thanks for the info. Have been going nuts looking for Wisconsin engine info. Even called a simplicity dealer who said he didn't know they ever had Wisconsin engines on them. :-/ This must be a dinosaur...or boat anchor. I have all the model numbers and all on it...posted on another post a while back. Will see what I can track down...thanks!

Jan, Does this Wisconsin engine power anything (tractor, pump, etc.), or do you just have the engine? While Simplicity never used Wisconsins, Bolens tractors did. You may want to contact a Bolens dealer. Anyway, here's a link > http://www.wisconsinmotors.com/aenl-3.html Your area distributor is: POWER GREAT LAKES 655 WHEAT LANE WOOD DALE, IL 60191 (630)350-9400 (800)551-2938 E-MAIL hjohnston@powergreatlakes.com Contact = Howard Johnston

speaking of wisconsin engnies, ill be wrenching on 2- v-4 cyls later this summer, may need some parts for these big guys.

dutch...this engine is on what looks to be a '55 (from web photos) Simplicity...but was told '57 it appeared on them. It's an orange with yellow paint underneath walking tractor...there's attachments for tiller, cultivator, blade and mower. AENL, size 3X3 1/4; #153970 and there's a serial # too on it.

I have a local friend who specializes in Wisconsin's, especially 4 cyl. www.industrialenginerebuilders.com