Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wheelhorse D-180

Brent_Baumer

Brent_Baumer
Got a call tonight from an owner of a wheelhorse D-180 with wheelhorse snowthrower, 5' wheelhorse tiller, and 5' wheelhorse rear finish mower. He wants $1500 for it or trade me my AC716H plus some cash. Not too interested unless it is a steal but can't find many on the net that are comparable. Any advice or interested parties? I joined the wheelhorse yahoo club (Thank heaven for Kent and his hard work on this site) but they don't seem to have a classified section so I posted it on there message board and am waiting for feedback. Thanks, Brent

Brent, My buddy that collects WH tractors gave $3200 for a D-200 with 48" deck last fall. With all the extras I'd say that is genuine hiway robbery at $1500. You might want to chech out the yahoo "wheelhorsedclub" it's dedicated to D-160 thru D-250 tractors only. Larry KG4ZAR

It depends on what , if anything, is wrong with his tractor. The attachments could be worth some money by themselves. Why does he want to be loose of his machinery? is the predominant question going through my mind. If he lived close to me we might have to do some serious negotiating.....

Brent_Baumer
I'd be ripping you off if you gave me $1500 for that tractor, but as long as you know it...... The guy called me again tonight. He wants rid of it bad for some reason. His only explaination is that it is too big for him. He even said he had the attachments loaded on a trailer ready to roll. This is tempting me but: 1. I like my 716H and 2. I don't want to put out that much $ on these tractors. Already depleted the tractor fund and have dipped into our "regular" money which is not going over well. The junk tractor ad has the phone ring off the hook and the Mrs. is getting ticked! Gonna look at a Mont. Wards tomorrow, a suburban and more wheelhorses. The deutz 616 turned out to be a 612H, which is now for sale in the classifieds here, pretty cheap.

Brent_Baumer
I passed on it. I have the guy's number if you are interested. He has called me 3 times wanting me to take it. I saw one on ebay with deck, cab and thrower just end tonight with no bids at $999. Brent [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2522815379&category=26193[/url]