Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4108 Question??

dlcentral

I'm working on a friend's 4108 and can't seem to find on my films if there is a belt guard offered for this model that goes around the engine mower pulley as when the mower PTO is de-clutched the belt jumps off.Anyone have any answers for this dilemma?Calling Jeff!? dlc

There should be a pair of wire arms, about 3/16" dia., that are bolted to the bottom of the engine or tractor chassis. They have a loop in one end, for the bolt, and a right angle bend, in the middle. The straight part is perpendicular to the pulley (parallel to the shaft). They should be adjusted about 1/8" away from the pulley, to keep the belt from falling off when de-clutched.

Hey FiremanRon - that is a good description of the trans belt guard but Dave is looking for the mower belt guard which is a little different. The 4108 uses only one RH guard (part # 1656658) for the lower engine mower drive pulley that goes closely along side of the hitch. I think it is about 6" long or so and mounts forward of the pulley.

I know - its tuff when you don't have it right in front of you to point at. Hey Kent - when are we going to get that VIP VPN video conference hookup? :)