Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A & W Bearings

JCS

I contacted A & W Bearings for the "thin steering bearings" and they told me I got to but $25.00 worth of stuff. A prior post said the entire cost was like $9.52???? How can I just do this?

How about order a second set for me....'87 7016. I just re-assembled the front end of my tractor yesterday and the only slop remaining is from the kingpin bearings...if what you have ordered will work, I'll send ya paypal. Spence

You can't -- they have a $25 minimum order. I ordered 3 sets last week... plus a set of wheel bearings and races while I was at it. Received them, and will start installing the first set tonight. Name brand stuff, in the manufacturer's wrapping and boxes...

Whenever I encounter a minimum order situation, I either buy other stuff that I know I will need sooner or later, or I buy locally. Sharing orders on inexpensive items gets expensive when you factor in PayPal charges and double re-packaging and re-shipping. Matter of fact, on items less than $25, buying locally is usually cheaper than mail order.

Kent, JC, All: When I started dealing with A&W last summer, they had no minimum order amount. I ordered stuff from them 3 times, all under $25. Sounds like they've changed their policy. I'll have to update the link/resource verbage I guess. They were happy I put their website/business in our club's resource section. Maybe if you mention you're with the Simpletractors Club, they will waive the $25 minimum order(just a thought)? Tom