Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

b10 pto on simplicity 700?

simplejim

I'm pretty sure it will fit. Just not sure when they switched to the cone clutch type. I think it was later than the B10. Try downloading manuals for both and comparing.

The cone clutch was first used in the 3400, if I'm not mistaken. I know my 3310 has the same basic center PTO as the 700. One is stamped and the other is square and round stock welded up, but both function the same way and will likely interchange though I have not tried to swap them....

Robert, I was assuming that he meant Simplicity 700 which is the same as my 61 Wards. I have two AC 700 series tractors and I know that the B10 unit will not work on them.

Rob, You know I have all orange(even that Jake is kind of orange...) If I ever get the yellow bug I'll be looking to you for the cure......... LOL!!!

hey thanks for the input guys. my 700 is a simplicity 700,even says so in the discusion title. i figured it would probably work, just thought i would get some input from you guys, most of you know more about it than i do..............jim

To All: Speaking of the Center PTO on a B10 (early). Before I attempt tearing mine down (too much noise), whats in there? Bearings? Bushings? How do I download the manual?? My tractor model number decal is damaged and the numbers are not readable. Thanks for any help, LanceR

Lance, Go here to download Parts Manual for B-1, B-10, B-12 and Big Ten Tractors: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_3773_00_XX_A.pdf Go here to download B Series Service Manual, now in seven seperate sections: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_500_3478_00_LT_A.pdf Hope this helps you.

This site has all the Manuals you could ever want. This will require some time and effort on your part Use Part# 100,200,300, ETC. to 900.Then you will have to scroll thought the list to find the one you want. They all have discriptions. All of the repair manuals are here. Part# 100 OPERATOR'S MANUALS Part# 200 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS,OPERATOR'S MANUALS Part# 300 DEALER SETUP INSTRUCTIONS Part# 400 PARTS MANUALS Part# 500 REPAIR MANUALS Part# 600 Safety Section,INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS Part# 700 Neutral Adjustment Guide,Electrical Information Manual, Product Service Bulletin Book Part# 800 Misc. Part# 900 Service Bulletin Book,Limited Warranty Simplicity Technical Publications Document Search Engine. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/v_techpubsearch.php

GregC and UCD: Thanks for the great resource tips. My sons and I will start downloading tonight. Finished overhauling the mower arbors, re-greased the PTO and this near 40 year old baby will out mow any piece of stamped metal junk in the neighborhood. Only problem now is the mower is so quiet, it is almost possible to forget it is engaged! Thanks again! LanceR