Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

motor swap.....

a7117puller

a7117puller
goin slowly, wrenchin on taking nother geo apart for parts:)), 2 cars, 3 engines:)) gonna be a project, hopefully motor swap will still be cheaper than replacing the old kt17 with another kt17, cause i know the command series dont compare to the old kt's with torque-no comparrison. :D just hope the bevel box can handle that geo/suzuki power:)) ...oh well motor sitting loosely in the puller now, looks funny with them car tires on it though:)) barely clearing the seat deck fender egdes. going to let er be painted those evil colors...green n yellow:)) inside joke..}:)

green and yellow? Youd better keep it orange or yellow around here!! LOL I'm still amazed at how you guys get those motors into a tractor. Id like to check one out up close some time. Try to post some pics for me, I'm interested........ stinkster

mowerman1193
Those Geo motors are not much bigger than a Twin cyl. Briggs or Onan.Should'nt be all that hard to fit one up in a garden tractor.;) My question though is has anyone thought about putting a twin Briggs in a Geo? LOL:D:D:p

Puller, By any and all means, try for some pics!! I would love to see this project! There is one in the gallery of a Sabru engine swap that is something to see. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

I was planning at one time to put two 750cc Suzuki Virago engines in a Chevette. Does that count?

If you are looking for a right angle gear box that will handle the power I might have one for you.It might need a little modification on the tractor but it is close to the same size and will handle 30 hp with no problem.It came off a macine at work.I do have 3 of them.I am planning on going up to the Rinelander show and I could bring it along.I am also planning on going down to the Baraboo swapmeet so I could bring it there also.Let me know.Bob

Looks like your back might get a little warm running that kind of setup! Go to gallery, mix and match, Simple Sue Alice