Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Karl_Brandt

Allis Chalmers 710

Karl_Brandt
Just added another tractor to my collection. 1977 AC 710 6 speedcame with 42" mower deck & 42"snowblower?. The guy I bought the tractor from did not know you can still buy parts for these tractors. He had 2 john deere tractors 212,214[:0],he wanted to sell the AC tractor^:D Karl

JoeJ
Karl, You fellas find all the good stuff. I had a friend give me a tractor yesterday. He had asked me a month ago if I was interested, he said it was white and yellow. Oh yea, well it was a 10 horse Sears, my hopes died as he pulled in with it. But guess it will be tinkered up and set out with a for sale sign. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

dirtsaver
Joe If that Sears is a Custom XL or a Surburban don't let it go too cheap. A lot of pullers are giving big bucks for the rear ends 'cause they are heavy duty. There are collector clubs for those tractors too! Larry

JoeJ
Larry, Not a suburban, and not sure about the custom xl, but is a light duty mower. My uncle has 2 or 3 of the suburbans, and they seem to be fairly good tractors. But thanks for the advice. Ok, tis a mute fact now. My son-in-law was just here, and it's now my grandaughters tractor. hehehe [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

Karl_Brandt
I got the AC 710 running after draining the water out of the carb & fuel pump.The engine needs to be rebuilt,burns oil.:( The transmission will not go into 3rd speed.:( Looks like a repair job for later. I started to work on my AC 919H.Have to remove the steering assy to fix somebodys hack job on the steering shaft. Karl

upstatemike
Joe, I've got somewhat the same deal brewing. A guy stopped by yesterday and asked me if I wanted an "older" "red" lawn tractor. He says it's "big" and is "complete" w/ "new tires". I'm hoping Wheel Horse, but probably Agway, Murray or MTD (junque)... I'll get it later today...

JoeJ
Mike, Never say no! At the worst, my scrap yard is only 15 minutes away. but even for those machines, folks always need parts. And prolly more often. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]