Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rustoleum Brilliant Yellow - NLA?

Brent_Baumer

Searched all over Richmond and Muncie for Rustoleum Brilliant Yellow with no luck. Asked Lowe's if they could order it. They said sure if I bought a case. OK I said. They called rustoleum which said the paint did not exist. I referred the gal at Lowe's to rustoleum.com and the part number for it. Another call to Rustoleum. That color has been discontinued according the them. Since I have no faith in salespeople I won't take this as gospel, but that combined with my inability to find it at Menards, Lowe's, Ace, Sherwin-Williams, MAB, Carters, Hobby Lobby, Meijer and Wal-Mart leads me to think it is true. Sounds like Kent will be out of luck if he needs some touch-up paint, and I need to look for an alternative. Brent

If you can find the numbers most body shops can mix paint on the spot. Our body shop in this luttle town can mix any paint you could ever want on the spot if you have the numbers.

I always thought that is was Rustoleum "Sunset" yellow. Keep in mind that AC used three different shades of yellow so getting an exact match is very difficult.

Brent, It is American Accents brand, made by Rustoleum, and I just bought some at my local Agway to paint some panels on the HB-216... It is not sold under Rustoleum's brandname... The label reads American Accents by Rustoleum. I think I've said that every time I've described the paint. Most of the American Accents paints are matte finish, but this is one of the few gloss finishes... http://rustoleum.com/Product.asp?frm_product_id=6&SBL=1

Gotcha Kent. I was looking at a bunch of American Accents at Lowe's at the time I got the first rejection. I think the code was 7912 or something like that. I looked it up and called Lowe's and reminded them it was American Accents. They called Rustoleum then called me back with the discontinued message. Either your Agway has some old stock or the folks at Lowe's are idiots. Never been to Agway, but have experienced the latter many times there (that's why I said I didn't have much faith in them). Thanks, Brent

If it has been discontinued, you may be able to find some at smaller hardware stores, where inventory doesn't have to turn over every 30 days or so. Steve