Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

new to forum restoring 74 ac 620

buick_wrench

buick_wrench
does anyone know where i can find info on what parts are need to make the rear pto operational? info of any kind on this model would be greatly appreciated

Welcome! Be very careful......... This stuff is habit forming! (LOL) Take the model # from your unit (by the hydro filter) then go here; http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php Download the parts book & owners manual to see what you need. When it's available, it's pretty pricey. A lot (?) of us have exta parts, just post what you need & we'll see what we can do. The sponsor dealers here are superb & it's been my experience they work with you to get the parts or advice you need. They're great machines & quite comparable to the folks around here! C Ya JP

Marty Welcome to the club Here is where you can get all the info you need There are at least 12 manuals on Pow'r Max series tractors and there attachments. That is how many I have downloaded anyways. These include Owners, parts, and repair manuals. This is a Different site than the one listed by JP above. This site has all the Manuals you could ever want. This will require some time and effort on your part Use Part# 100,200,300, ETC. to 900.Then you will have to scroll thought the list to find the one you want. They all have discriptions. All of the repair manuals are here. Part# 100 OPERATOR'S MANUALS Part# 200 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS,OPERATOR'S MANUALS Part# 300 DEALER SETUP INSTRUCTIONS Part# 400 PARTS MANUALS Part# 500 REPAIR MANUALS Part# 600 Safety Section,INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS Part# 700 Neutral Adjustment Guide,Electrical Information Manual, Product Service Bulletin Book Part# 800 Misc. Part# 900 Service Bulletin Book,Limited Warranty Simplicity Technical Publications Document Search Engine. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/v_techpubsearch.php

The first thing you need is a couple more tractors. Say a 4041 or another 620. That should last you for a year or two til you get the real bug. Then you will need a new garage to keep the restoration project, the two back up tractors and a couple of parts tractors. Enjoy. It only gets better !! I am serious. Steve

Evening All, Welcome to Our world, Marty. What pictures do you need? I just finished the repairs to the rear pto on my AC 620. Some parts are no longer available except used. Later, Chad