Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jrichason

Spring Maintenance

jrichason
Good Evening, I am going to perform my first spring maintenance on my 7116H next weekend. I'm planning on changing the oil, hydro filter and hydro fluid as well as greasing everything I can find. Is there anything else I should be doing? Thank you, John

Kent
Check/clean the air filter. Check the air pressure in the tires. Check the water level in the battery, unless it's a sealed one... Oil anything that moves and doesn't have a grease fitting...

thedaddycat
Dutch, didn't you post a list a while back telling what all you do. As I recall you said it took a whole day per tractor to do a complete job of it. I think changing BGB oil was part of it, too. At the very least check the level and make sure the BGB bolts are tight.

PatRarick
I remove the steering wheel and dash to blow out the accumulated grass and dirt from around the switches and choke cable. To blow out radiators on my farm equipment, I altered a blow gun by adding a 2 foot long piece of 1/4" O.D. copper tubing with a 1", 90 degree bend on the end. This is very handy for blowing out areas that you cannot easily reach, such as inside the frame tunnel of the B series tractors. Pat

UCD
John It is a B.G.B. BGB stands for Bevel Gear Box It is at the end of the drive shaft on large frame tractors. It is a 90° gear box and on one output side is the pulley to the trans.on the other output side is the pulley for the center power takeoff or P.T.O.