Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

had a good day hunting tractors

tractormike

tractormike
I had a call today from a fellow with a couple old tractors for sale. He had a simplicity 2010 and an allis b-12, both with hydraulic lift, a mower deck ,snow blower and front blade. He said they had not run for a couple years and he had to many projects and needed the space. He wanted $250.00 for the whole works. I told him sold. I got all the goodies home and looked them over. The 2010 only needed a new spark plug and it took right off and ran well. The hydraulics work fine. I didn't have time to check out the b-12 tonight but I'm pretty happy with what I've found so far. The snowblower and the front blade are just about like new. The tractors will clean up good enough that I'm not going to repaint them. There are still tractors to find out there, happy hunting!!!!!!!

At least you brought home good colors, all I got was two Cadet lawn tractors with decks and a snowblade, and a Junk Deere 314. Nothing runs, but the Deere has almost NEW 48 " Deere deck on it . That ought to bring some $$$ to keep looking for Orange.........and Red:D

Those Deere decks go for two grand or better new! Ive heard alot of Deeres are on their third deck already! Dealers will tell you that it is rare to see an AC/Simplicity on its second deck.

Mike, sounds like you found a gold mine -- you could probably get $250 just for one of the hydraulic lift sets, much less all the other attachments or tractors. What a lucky guy! You said he called you -- are you running an ad, or something?

tractormike
Kent, I put an ad in the local paper. I put ( looking for garden tractors and equipment built before 1975). I had put an ad in last year wanting old garden tractors and only got calls on old mtd and such. I was hoping that by putting a year in the ad that I could eliminate that and if I did get a call it would be for classic, restorable tractor. This was the first call I got this year and it did turn out to be a jackpot. The guy I got them from was happy as he got some space in his shed and he wanted the tractors to go to someone who would fix them up. I told him about the garden tractor show we are planning on in Arkansaw on June 28th and he plans on coming down and see if I have either of them running yet.

tractormike
Arkansaw Wi is in west central Wi, 30 miles southwest of Eau Clarie or about 45 miles west of Ossceo. We are 4 miles west of Durand on state hwy 10. Our towns celebration is Arkansaw creek Park days. It is held the last weekend in june. This will be the 25th year of the celebration. For a new event this year I am getting a garden tractor show organized. It will be held from noon till 4 pm on saturday June 28th. There are a couple of other guys in town with old garden tractors and I have talked to a few others who are planning on bringing tractors. So far there are about 16 tractors coming. The show is open to any make or model. This year will be a show only, it will be held in the parking lot of the main shelter. Bring a tractor or just come and look. Any questions my email is maja@nelson-tel.net