Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front PTO on a 7100 series tractor

thedaddycat

I have a Jake with a 12 hp Kohler that has the electric PTO clutch. How useful would it be to have a front PTO on a 7100 series tractor? The swap of the clutch from the 12 hp Kohler to the 14 hp should be easy, but don't the front implements usually drive off the center PTO? Until now, my newest tractor was the 3310, and I'm still looking for the linkage to make that PTO operable......

Simplicity dropped the front PTO snowblower drive very early in 7100 series production in favor of center PTO with a 144" belt.

All but the earliest 7100 series used the center PTO to power the snowthrower. I believe the snowthrower was the only front power implement available for the 7100 series. If you want to adapt an older attachment like a Weed Cutter, an EZ Rake, or a Sweepster, the front clutch would be handy.

Thanks Dutch. I am probably going to see about getting that Sweepster I talked to you about within the next week or two at most. The only rub is that I traded the 23D engine I had for a 18 hp Kholer twin that may end up in the 7114 and that engine has no front PTO shaft. I guess it comes down to having 4 more hp or the front PTO.... OTOH, I did just win the revitalizer that I'll be coming down to pick up next Saturday. Did you run yours off a "newer" tractor, or did you have an older tractor for running it? I'm still looking for a Weed Cutter.....

I put front clutches on all three of my tractors. The 7010 has an electric clutch that powers the Weed Cutter. The 7012 has a mechanical clutch that powers the Sweepster. The Sovereign V-Twin has an electric clutch that powers the EZ Rake.