Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Weights

Bunky

i bought a Couple of front weights yesterday at an auction.. Thought they would fit my older landlords.. They are close but don't seem to fit they measure roughly 11 inches between the brackets.. what do these fit???????? [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/bunky/weights.JPG[/img]

I measured my 7010 front brackets. 11.25 inches between the centers. you might be able to adjust those weight brackets with a fire wrench... or, cut off the old ones and weld new ones on to fit your tractor.

Never having seen these before, could I beg you for a side view? What are they filled with? Steve

Well one guy emailed me and said that they fit the 1975 and earlier Broadmoors.... I will sell one for $20.00 picked up or plus shipping....

I dont think they fit the Broadmoors as the ears on the tractors I have (717,728,4211) are approx 8 inch.I did not get a exact measurement this morning but I know it was not anywhere near the 11in. that you say these are.Plus I belive the factory front weight I have for my Broadmoor has a place to ad the donut (collar) weights on each end.I am not 100% sure about being able to ad the collar weight to it without looking again but I think you can....

Steve,I ment to answer your question in my last post... They are not filled with anything,they are solid.I belive they are made of cast iron.

Well I was told today by the dealer these weights were for the 4000,5000,6000 series if you had a bagger on the back.. But mowerman1193 says his 4211 isn't close to the 11 inches center to center between the tabs... so I'm not sure.... I will alter one to use on my tilling tractor and sell the other...

I have a question on front couterweights: I have one for my landlord 101. It has (in addition to the two mounting arms) a third arm that comes up and sticks in line with the lift lever on the right hand side of the tractor. Is this to put a cable through and use the weight as some kind of assistance when lifting attachments? I dont know what else the third arm could be for. Could you guys help out?

Hey Stinkie, You hook a rod between that and your lift arm. I was able to use one of the lift rods off a snowblower I had to lift the weight. It works GREAT with a tiller & manual lift!

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
Steve,I ment to answer your question in my last post... They are not filled with anything,they are solid.I belive they are made of cast iron.
Wow! They must be pretty heavy. I thought they looked like they were made from a piece of 3 or 4" steel pipe and then filled with something. I'll try to remember to measure the spacing on my B and let you know. Steve

Steve,They really dont seem like they are that heavy when you pick them up and carry them around but it sure is a pain trying to hook them on the tractor and get a pin through it LOL. If I remember right the one for my Broadmoor is 27lbs.

If the offer still stands I'll buy one of them. I can send the money now, could you wait until this summer for me to get it? My folks are in Hastings. I also have a three belt blower to get then from Roy who also lives out that way. BTW, Roy could you PM me again, the old PMs got deleted and I lost the info.....

If anybody has the proper length connecting rod laying around, I could sure use one....... I got money!!! Thanks for the tip. I had suspected that or a cable, but didnt know which one.

No......I'm afraid I dont have any front mounting attachments. Wish I lived up there in Cheeseland near you fellers!!! I could probably pick up some good junk from the scrapyards. However, I'm stuck here in banjoland, with few simplicity supplies around for the pickins........

Stinkie, Somewhere on this site, there is a description and plans for building a lift rod from an electrical ground rod. (I think). Been going to give it a try myself, but I've still got to fix the hacked up dozer blade I'm using. Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Bunky, Here's some pics of the weight that I got from you. It's for the early Brodmoors, Yeoman ,Serf, B207 and possibly the B208 tractors.

Looks good, Well I just went by what the dealer ship told me. and now I maybe I'll look for a weight for my landlord before I Modify this one to fit...