Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Before and After Early B10 pics

arjr111

Here are some B&A of the early B10, I picked-up. $200 with snowblade and tiller. A few parts added from a Big-10 project tractor. $15 worth of spraycan Cat. yellow. 23D engine runs strong. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/arjr111/P4020004.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/arjr111/Early%20B10%20-%20After.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/arjr111/Early%20B10%20-%20After.aJPG.JPG[/img]

Hi Mike, I used the grill off a later model B-10. I am going to look for the mesh type material, to see if I can make one that more closely matches the early B10.

Art, I'm starting to round up parts for an early B10 that is more or less a pile of parts, I'm looking for grill mesh also, I got mesh for my B1 from Norm Stienman (Norms Toys), He's listed in this forum under sources for decals. It was kinda pricey but it matched pretty good.:)

hey art, nice job once again! that hood and seat look like its something i've seen before! would like to see a pic of your entire completed collection now too. rob

Doug, too many, but some are going up for sale pretty soon. The wheelhorse 1077, the Case 444, the Bolens 1256, and the old Ride-A-Mower, are going to be put on ebay. I'm going to hate to see them go.:( And, the little lady made me bring a load of old snapper, MTD, and craftsman parts machines to the recycler the other day. She, seems to think that they were an eyesore. Sheesh, go figure, women! Mike, I believe I've seen the mesh somewhere, else too, but can't put my finger on it. What kind of price is Norm askingm, for a piece, big enough to do a grill? Hey Rob, recognize the grill, and left front wheel, too!:D

Art great job! The paint looks great. I guess I need to get some pics of my early B-10 posted before I start to work on it. Do you have a surplus right side grill trim? I'm missing one of those. I'm using some expanded mesh steel for my grill even though the pattern is oppisite from original. Do you know where I can find the grill emblem? Lookin good Art! Larry KG4ZAR

Nice work Art!! I wish I could get projects done as fast as you!!! You didn't have that more than a month or two did you?? :DI am impressed!!!:D

John, I picked this one up about a month ago, but only began the clean-up last week. I don't do complete tear-downs, cause I do not have the equipment, compressor, sandblaster, or the room. (One car garage, that's almost full!) I take the hood, seat, wheels, grill off, and wire brush the rust spots. Then I spray Cat. yellow and shell white. Tried a brighter yellow this time, didn't like it and sprayed over it. Even sprayed the seat upholstery shell white! Not a professional job, but the rust has been arrested. Larry, sorry I do not have any extra trim parts at this time, but I will keep my eyes open.

Art, I think it was $50 for a piece big enough for the grill on my B1,[:0] I'm going to do some looking around to see if I can find another source that is more economical...:)