Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

48" deck for Simplicity 7117

Not sure if this would fit, check this in classified ads http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/classDetail.asp?id=3077

48" decks are hard to find. A 48" off of a B series AC or similar Simplicity will work on a 7100 series, I know because I now run one. The B series 42" decks wont work on a 7000 or 7100 series as the leveling handles will hit the foot rests. A deck from a Powermax or a 300/400 series wont work on your 7117 either, so you are looking for a 48" deck that came off a B series or eq Simp, 3300/3400 series, 7000 series or Sovereign, 700 or 900 series Allis or Duetz-Allis

I can make a heavy-duty 48" deck for $800, they will last longer than the simplicities and they run smoother because of the added weight. I use 3/16" steel for the shell and right now I use ford spindles, I am working on a source for Woods finish mower spindles, and if that goes through they will be a lot higher quality. The attachment system is almost identical to the simplicity quick-hitch system. I have pictures on my digital camera but my software won't communicate with it so I will work on that tomorrow. [url="mailto:markshafer@netease.net"]Email me[/url] if you are interested Good luck

What would a 48" deck be worth off of a 7117? Does not look the greatest, but mowed 6" grass very well yesterday. before I removed it from a the tractor; I bought the tractor an mower yesterday, to put a Johnny Jr. lift on. Bob In Kokomo Indiana.

Used decks(for Sovereign type tractors) go for $50 up to a couple hundred for a really good one. There are a lot of guys here in Illinois who mow cemeteries and such who are always looking for a good Simplicity deck. I know of one guy who rebuilds them and will give $50 for almost any Simplicity deck that will work on a 7100 series tractor. Decks for the smaller tractors dont sell that well.

Some Pics of a 52" mower. The gray strips are anti-skid tape so you can step on it. Note: Spindles and rollers not installed yet

Thats greasy (Vegi oil), proud of her new mower!

Nice work Lawrence!! Looks like some time has gone into that project!! Should be well worth it when your finished. GREAT craftsmanship!!