Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Charlieson

9020 powermax

Charlieson
What is a 9020 powermax worth? Has mowing deck and snowplow. It was sitting along the road on the way home with a for sale sign on it and I didnt get a chance to stop and look at it close. ddh

iweld
If it runs and moves it's worth at least $1500. I just finished parting one out on eBay and took in quite a bit more than that. of course these tractors are getting to the age where they are becoming more "collectable" than practical for the price. But they sure beat the new Simplicity "dime store stuff" that they make now.

Charlieson
Well, I went by today and the darn thing had already been sold. I should have stopped yesterday but I was late getting home anyway. :( I agree about the new stuff. I was looking at a legacy at the local simplicity dealer and the price alone was enough to make my head spin. I ask him if he thought it would hold up like my two sovereign and of course he said yes. But I couldnt see any big difference in it and what I could buy at lowes. Looked like the same aluminum stamped rearend. Frame might be a little heavier. thanks for the input.

memanpa
i recently bought one with a front end loader, gannon, plow, disk., tiller and sickle mower, new battery, starter, and seat for $4000, runs great, nice little tractor for cleaning my corrals, have no use for the mower or plow, and probabally not for the disk either thinking about trying to sell them, what you think?

powermax_paul
I agree there's no comparison of a powermax to today's Simplicity tractors. Look hard at the new Simplicity's and compare them to the box store brands including John Deere. As for the Powermax becoming a collectors item, yes, they are, but don't be afraid to use them. I have three of them and use at least two of the three every weekend. They all run and they all will continue to run. Motors are expensive to fix, but not so bad to replace with alternate motors. The hydro unit is still used today on some commercial mowers. The powermax will become only a collectors item about when an 8N ford becomes only a collectors item. You can buy a Powermax tractor in exceptional condition for $4000. A Kubota, Ford or JD Diesel will cost at least three times that. The latter three, you will have to take to a dealer for service. the Powermax, you can service yourself. Yeah, I like my powermax tractors!:D PS: I'd buy your sickle mower if there was a good way to get it to WI.