Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bolts............In, Under, Behind......!^#@&*%#!

LBS

I need one of those little laser bolt looseners. The kind you just point at the bolt or nut and it screws on or off.:D

Ya them laser bolt wrenches don't work too good eighter about like liquid wrench, I sprayed it on and went away when I came back the nut was right where I'd left it never moved a bit.

Some mechanics take a propane torch and heat the bolt or nut up. Then they spray a little water on it and suddenly it is more cooperative. gt

Can't say that I've found one of those laser bolt wrenches yet either, but we had an Engineer on the boat who thought that as long as he could see it in his flashlight beam, we could reach it to clean it up. We told him that as soon as he "engineered" a way to attach the rags onto the end of that beam, we'd get to work cleaning.......

Sometimes if I get a bolt of nut I can't reach I go buy a cheap wrench, heat it up, and bend it to a shape that will help reach the nut. I can't count the number of times I've saved a ton of aggravation by spending a couple of bucks. I hold on the wrenches and sometimes I can use them again.

:DJohn:D We had a bunch of the old plow wrenches that used to come with Ford 9 and 8N tractors. These were awsome for just what you described. I've sometimes thought these modified ones should be patented!!! [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

My solution to all your problems: I don't know about you....but I have friends that work for beer. When I have a problem like that I wait until one of these guys stops by. They like to get their hands dirty so they all like to help out. I show them what I need and tell them I'll be back in a little bit with a beer of their choice;). 20-40 minutes later I show up with the beer and they usually have it done, or at least it's their challenge for the night. (I've been tricked like this before too) WARNING: I don't suggest that you have them touch ANYTHING after a few beers. Trust me on this one!!