Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blower, What and How...

Dadsy98

I mentioned to a friend that I'd like to get a grass catcher for my 2110. He brought me this to see if I could make it work. He thinks it's from a WheelHorse. I'm just brainstorming now. Any thoughts on adapting this blower?

I was expecting a frame for the rearend to hold a bag. Then I'd fab a bracket and deck adapter, get some hose, ya know. Anyway, this might have potential :) Steve

Looks like it drives backwards to me, to try hanging it on the back and driving it off the BGB. And, if you mounted on the deck (where it looks like it was previously mounted) the outlet would be pointed in the wrong direction. Only thing I can think of is hang it off the back, upside down -- with the outlet on the bottom, pointing backwards. Drive it off the right side of the BGB (the 9HP tractors drove their vacs from that side, I think). Block off the current inlet, and make one on the opposite side.... Only way I can think of making it work...

That looks like a plastic (ABS) housing. Is it? If it is, you may be able to pop rivet some metal to it with large backup fender washers. Then you could fabricate all kinds of metal brackets. How about finding a right hand discharge deck? One from a Homelite may work.

Yes, Dutch it's plastic ABS material. I've got the right hand deck on my 312. I suppose I could move the decks around. Stinkie, that's a thought. Probably wouldn't take much of an engine to run it. Hmmm...