Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Past the growing pains + Yahoo site now Unlisted

Kent

Just a brief update. I wanted to point out that membership in the new Clubhouse is now at 383 (as I write this) while the old Yahoo site shows 367. It looks like most, if not all, who were previous members on Yahoo have successfully joined us here -- though a few people have been still signing up there in spite of all the messages saying not to... I'm sorry to point out that Steve (the programmer who wrote these clubhouse functions) is moving on to another job, so I'm not sure when the next set of desired functions (primarily Chat and cookies to handle security) will be done. NOTE: I have just closed the old Yahoo site to new members by making it "Unlisted." Meanwhile, Chat should still function there for all who have joined Yahoo. I want to get Chat implemented here as soon as I can, so I can delete the old Yahoo site entirely and end this confusion. I'm also currently reading up on "ASP for Dummies" just in case I have to try doing it myself! The book is certainly named appropriately for me -- wish me luck! As always, thanks for your continued interest, participation and patience! As a hobby for me, and a "free club" for all members, we've certainly come a long way since 12/15/98 when the Yahoo site was launched? How are we doing so far? Still enjoying the ride? Kent

grandpawrichard
Hi Kent, sorry to hear about Steve having to move on as I know he has been alot of help to you. I know this will make all that much more work for yourself and even though it is a hobby sometimes hobbies as we all know can end up being alot of hard work. But from your hobby I feel we all are learning more then just about tractors "just my opionion". I for one have learned how to comunicate and share my experience's with others thanks to your hobby. I would like to think that all of us members are not just friends but brothers because of your hobby. As for growing pains I can not imagine the time and work that you are puting forth for all of us and we are not even the ones having to feel the growing pains. And it bothers me to think that you would relate to yourself as a "DUMMIE" but I know how you meant it at least I hope that way. Thanks to you a friend to whom I have never met I have something to look forward to each and every day sence you started your hobby. We all have come a long ways together and hopefully will continue to do so. As for the ride its been one "hell" of one and I just pray that I can continue to keep on riding along with everyone else because you chose the hobby that you did. "Kent" I am proud to be taking this ride in the best company anyone can have. Thanks for everything "KENT">>->happyjack<-<<

I'm know I'm still enjoying the ride into the year 2000 by the number of hours logged on! Hey Kent - is this site Y2K compatable? If not I'll have to get a CDR and make a copy! :)

We are all deeply in your debt for all the work that you have put into this site. Many large companies would love to have a site that looks this good. I hope that you can continue to operate the site for a long time, but if you ever have to move on, make sure you leave good notes for whomever takes over, so they can try to keep up to the standard you have set. Thanks again, Ron

Kent, Since I'm basically non-social, and you have me hooked on the club, you must be doing a terrific job. My wife even kids me about finally joining a club. Please keep up the good work! Roy

grandpawrichard
Kent, your work is OUTSTANDING. Via your "hobby" you have created one of the most useful, functional web sites on the internet ... anywhere. It is my hope and that of fellow members that you continue with your hobby and continue to act as a facilitator for this fine club. Salute! Tuffy

I'd be all alone up here in the cold and dark had it not been for Kents efforts. Thanks Kent for providing the forum that keeps me from being alone in this hobby. And by giving me this place to go online, my life is lit up by the monitor, and I can snuggle up to the cpu for warmth ;o) [North Pole AK temp: -10f / Possible sunshine: 5hrs 54min] DoubleT *<[:o)»

Kent, This club has given me many hours of enjoyment,not to mention the knowledge I have gained from it. I for many years thought I was alone in this hobby. But now I know I'm not so wierd! And I have met many nice people on this club. Thanks for bringing us all together, and I hope we can continue for many years to come. Floydster

grandpawrichard
Kent, I'd like to echo a "Firm WELL DONE!" Through your Hard work, I have learned a LOT about maintaining my tractor, and I have met some of the Nicest people, that a person can! You really deserve a firm and Hearty THANKYOU, from every member and future member of this club! I hope that you are around for a good many years to come! Sincerely, Dick Raymond