Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Roto tiller

Karl_Brandt

Karl_Brandt
I tried out my two tractors with roto tillers. 1 Allis Chalmers B-12 with 16 hp engine and 30" tiller. First time I used a tiller behind a garden tractor,worked very good. 2 Simplcity walking tractor with 5hp engine and 28" tiller.Worked very good and did not take off when you hit hard clay ground.[:0][only bad thing is you have too watch were you feet are ,tines are very close to your feet.[V] Worked better than my fathers 5hp rear tine MTD tiller.:D The last few years we have dug the garden with my Ferguson 35 tractor with a Kubota roto tiller.Always have to raise the loader up to miss any trees in the way.;):D Karl

I gound up last years leaves today in my little plot. After two years of hammering my lift rod straight, I finally got the hang of it. Me being a 3112H and an Allis 30" tiller. Before each pass down the garden, I idle tractor down, lower tiller in float position, engage PTO and let the tiller dig its way down. That way you don't scatter dirt in 50 directions. When the tiller has dug its way down, I throttle up, nudge the hydro lever to "pulverize" and take off. After I got done, I checked my lift rod and it is still straight as an arrow or the best it can be after numerous straightning attemps. I have now three extra lift rods that I hade made up last year. "Doh"