Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7010 Questions

nighteye

Hi all; A friend of mine is going to give me a 7010 (I havent seen it) and a few attachements. (It has something wrong with the motor) if I can get his Ranch King (with electrical problems) running. I have looked around this site and forums and dont really find too much info on this tractor. What motor would be in it? Is it a good tractor? I have 2 400 series Allis chalmers tractors. Would a 7010 be comparable? Is a 7010 and a "System 7010" the same thing? I dont see too many around. Are they rare? Any help would be appreciated as I woud kind of like to know how much time and effort I should be putting into this Ranch King thing. Thanks alot Ken

7010's are not rare. They are the same family as the rest of the 7000 series. It is also known as a landlord. 10hp briggs. 3 speed manual transmission. Don't think you could get a shuttle or hydro with it. Same frame to my knowledge as the 7012, 7014 and 7016. The System 7010 is the same as a 7010. It was what they were called in 1974 or 75 - the first year they were built. They had big black hood decals and the front grill looked like the 3400 series but otherwise the same tractor to my knowledge. Nice heavy machine. I would definitely repair the ranch king. Even if it costs you a little money and alot of time. Brent

quote:
Originally posted by simplemother
shouldn't that be six speed? (high and low range).
There were some three speeds made. I have a 7010-6 Landlord. The parts book for my partcular model has the 7010 and 7016 models combined. The only difference that I can see in the 7010-6 Landlord and 7016-16 Soverign is the engine, of course, the front tires and decals. Other wise they appear to be part for part.

and the rear tires are wider (10.5's) on the Soveriegn than on the Landlord (8.5's). Yes, they also had a six-speed. It's a 3 speed with a hi-low kit. Brent

Ken, Do not if they are rare.;) One week ago I bought a Allis Chalmers 710 6 speed same as the Simplicity 7010. My AC 710 does not go into 3 gear & burns oil.:( The Allis Chalmers has a 10 hp Kohler engine. Karl

My brother just picked up a 7012. Nice heavy duty Landlord. It has a hydrostat transmission.

A 7010 is the same thing as a 710 which is basically a newer AC 410. Almost all of the attachments are interchangeable between all of the tractors.

I downloaded a 400 series parts book and it has all of the simularities of the 7010. It appears that you have a electric clutch to do your PTO work, ie snowblower and mower and a seperate pulley for the tiller. From pictures it kind of looks like the 7010 would fit right in your fleet.

My advice would be to take the 7010 and buy him a new Ranch King if you have to. The Ranch Kings are plauged by electrical shorts, and it is quite likely that the whole electrical system is burned out. I've never had a 400 series, but I really dont think many attachments will interchange between the 400 and the 7010. The decks are different, the snowblowers are definately different, and I even understand that the rear lift rod diameter is different.

I have an AC 712S that I am putting together. I used a 710 frame. As was said earlier the 7010 and the AC 710 are the same excep that the Simplicity used a B/s 10 Hp and the AC had a Kohler 10 Hp. I also have a 410 sitting out beside the garage. There are no similarities between the 710 and the 410 except for the BGB and the transaxle. The entire design is different. Frame is different, front axle and steering are different, attachments hook up differently. Mower drives from the front PTO on a 410 and there is no mid PTO on the BGB. Totally different tractors.

To confues y'all more, there aint much difference in the 7000's, 7100's, 900's, and whatever, same basic front frame, with minor differences...notched out frame for motor...and the rear-end just basically bolts up with bevelbox to the front frame....4 bolts and pull the driveshaft hub, and the linkage...I HATE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!!!!..too many safety features! ALL INTERCHANGEABLE PARTS...in a matter of speaking just need a big hammer...welder or torch...thatll make anything fit!

Thanks alot, You have all convinced me that its worth it. I will be starting in on the Electrical problem tonight. I have a Kohler 10 horse in the shed out of another 410 and Im hoping I can do a motor switch. Thanks Ken