Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Yeoman's a little scarey

jrichason

Hi, I was using the Yeoman to pull my trailer around today. It is the first time I've driven it much without the snow blower on it. It sure pulls the front wheels off the ground easy. Especially when you are turning when going up hill. I don't know that it would actually flip over, but after my wild ride on the 7116 last year this makes me a little nervous. I hope it is better with the deck on. Take care, John

Be careful pulling heavy loads with these tractors. They will flip over backward if the hitch pops off the ball. I flipped a tractor pulling a horse drawn type plow with a chain. After doing tractor pulling for over 15 years, I would not try to pull any type of heavy trailer up a hill, or in any type orough terrain without some type of "wheelie" bar or other safety mechanism to prevent flip over.

years ago I had a rj58 wheel horse,the 5hp engine sat between your legs,and she wuold ride wheelies at the drop of a hat.I thought that was fun,but as you get older you become wiser.I actually had 3 railroad track plates secured to the front to try to tame it down.They probably weighed @ 20# each.Even then it would have me looking at the sky.