Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HB212

Hello all, First time post to this site. I know very little about the Allis Chalmer lawn/garden tractors, but I believe I found 2 HB212's in very good condition. I am a collector and restorer of international cub cadets and I'm thinking of expanding the collection to include these great looking ac machines. Can anyone give me some idea as to which models are most collectable, average pricing, and availability of parts? Any help would be appreciated. Thank, MArcus

Marcus, Can't speak well to the HB212's value as collectibles, since condition and other factors drive the price so much. But, the HB-212 was the "Cadillac" of the old B -series AC's with it's counterbalanced 12HP motor and hydrostatic transmission, especially if it has hydraulic lift.... These are likely the best balance of power and ease of use of all the pre-700 series A-C's... It also depends on whether you'll be using them. For simply "collecting" B-1's may be the most "collectible" since there were fewer of them, and likely fewer are left. But, a 7-1/4 HP 3-speed cannot compare to a 12HP hydro for usability.... I don't know how many of each model were manufactured. but I'd guess there are fewer HB-212s than B-212s or B-210s simply because they were higher priced, as the "top of the line." Hope this helps....

For collecting or working it is hard to beat the HB212. I just bought one in Arizona and will be hauling it back to Michigan this week. Let me know if you get them. I would be interested to see what yours are like and what you have for them. If you decide not to get them please let me know where they are. We are collectors and users of this fine tractor.