Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

920 DIESEL REGULATOR/RECTIFIER INFO

haroldseymour

Hello: This is my first activity as a member. I have a 920 Diesel which I purchased in a weed patch, having been there for several years. It was covered with a tarp, however, and is a nice low time tractor. I discovered several bare places in the wiring, which I repaired. It charged OK for a while, but quit. I haven't yet checked the regulator other than checking the connections, however I am preparing for a possible replacement necessity. I cannot locate, in the manual, the part number, manufacturer, or any other supplier info. Can anyone out there help me with that info. Love your site. It has been helpful. Thanks, Harold Seymour hrseymour1@juno.com

Harold If you do not have the 920d repair manual you can get one here. put in 500 for the part#. Scroll down the page and you will find the 920d repair manual. It is one of the most complete manuals you could ask for. It contains complete parts info for the Lombardini engine. This site has all the Manuals you could ever want. This will require some time and effort on your part Use Part# 100,200,300, ETC. to 900.Then you will have to scroll thought the list to find the one you want. They all have discriptions. All of the repair manuals are here. Part# 100 OPERATOR'S MANUALS Part# 200 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS,OPERATOR'S MANUALS Part# 300 DEALER SETUP INSTRUCTIONS Part# 400 PARTS MANUALS Part# 500 REPAIR MANUALS Part# 600 Safety Section,INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS Part# 700 Neutral Adjustment Guide,Electrical Information Manual, Product Service Bulletin Book Part# 800 Misc. Part# 900 Service Bulletin Book,Limited Warranty Simplicity Technical Publications Document Search Engine. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/v_techpubsearch.php

The numbers are 1087, 3443, 3479. Im not 100 percent sure i have so many numbers down that there kinda hard to keep them all strate. For a elctricl digram type in 700 and scroll down one manal will have lots of mowers in it. It will be a simplicity manual and will be a 7790 simplicity is the same as a 920. Glad to see you have joined the club. Im building a 920 and am about dun with them. Parts can be very high for the engen but are still avable. If ya have any questions feel free to email me.

These are the part#s from the 920D manual I believe they are Lombardini Part#s as they were not stocked by Simplicity or Allis Chalmers Regulator #21 part# 72070589-6 Alternator #74 part# 72070714-0

Maynard, I believe those part numbers are Allis Chalmers parts numbers. The Lombardini part numbers are: Regulator -- 9040.7362.066 Alternator -- 283.1156.090 BTW, I have downloaded (and have a printed version) of the 900 Series Repair Manual and the 7790 Parts Manuals which don't have the picture you posted above. I also looked last night for separate manuals specific to the 920 on the Simplicity web site but was unable to find any (besides the Operators Manual, which I had already downloaded). Could you give me the publication number of the manual you posted from? Thanks

Carl It is in the 400 section of the site I posted above 920D Parts manual PARTS MANUAL - 920D Tractors and Implements [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_3756_00_XX_A.pdf[/url]

Thanks Maynard I was having trouble finding it in the 500 section. BTW, I have purchased 900 Series repair manuals on eBay and they came with a Lombardini service manual (no parts list). The parts list I got from a Lombardini distributor and cost less than $10.

Harold, I,m a long time listener 3rd. time caller.I have extra Lombardini regulator you can try out on your tractor. I also have a A/C 920D with charging problems.I bought this one a few years ago,the only problem is it didn't fix it.If you like, you can PM me and I'll hook you up with a phone number so you can contact me. I live just south of you in Owen county and drive to Indy every day to work. See ya,Rich :D p.s.I think this is the greatest site ever, I look at it almost every day