Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Thou shalt not steal.....

And I didnt....When a guy i work with said he was gonna "get rid" of his father in laws "lawn mower". He said it was big and ugly...it is. He said it ran perfect, it does. He said it was an "automatic" its a hydro, a big hydro. He said, "take a look Doug", I did, and I bought it...it was not stealing...the tractor is an airens s-16h with a cherry little 16hp kohler.(who cant use a 16hp kohler?) Its a brute, its ugly, has a lift, but no deck, everything works.....25 dollars. Ill post a pic if it dont break the camera. Dougm

Some tire chains and and a cheap plow, you are set for next winter, so what's the big deal?:D For that price I could figure out something. Sometimes money changes loyalties a bit doesn't it?

Doug, I had an Ariens GT-14 with a loader that I sold about a year ago. It was a very good tractor with some features that Simplicity should consider. The S series is just a lighter duty version of the GT series. New Holland also had a sister to them. Good find.

Heck the motors worth 25$.........Ive got a 7012 with no engine and a reworked bgb............

I consider your find great! I have an S12H, but it is half torn down waiting to be cleaned and painted, and reassembled. I bought a 16hp Kohler to drop in and replace the 12hp. I have two new holland decks, one 42" and one 48", but both need a little work. I have the 16hp repainted black awaiting. I started it about 6 or 8 years ago, while still in college and single. Graduated, married, and two children later it still sits. They have good hydro's and decent hydraulics. One nice feature that I favor over AC and Simplicity is the full length frame. The frame holds the weight of attachments, not the rearend and BGB. They are also set up for a cat 0 three point hitch. I'm much more fond of the 3 point than the sleeve hitch. Anyway, I would love to have mine going.

Wow Doug, what a find...8D^ You are going to put the engine in the 7012 aren't you???

Well Jim, i was gonna email you but deleted all my address book... Ill take a pic but dont you guys expect no raving beauty, uuuhgg! Its got that 70s doon buggy looking fenders.... It looks very well put together not sure what ill do since i have no attachment...it sat outside but was never put to any hard work...mowed grass thats it. mike, still pondering...runs great no smoke or anything funky ..yet. Gretch, I thought this WAS a new holland????? Country, Post a pic! Doug

Doug, Thats what I meant by "sister". They are basically the same tractor just different names and color. Kinda like the AC 720 versus the Simplicity 9020.