Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

retired

Bob,I think this pony will do me fine for all I need around here.I am thinking more attachments versus more tractors!^

Tacey- Not that much usually around here as far as Simplcity goes, but I just happened to come across several last week while looking for an old compadre. Cowpuncher- If you're interested in a tiller I may know of one available down in Sweet Home, OR. I know it will fit my B-112 or a 3012, so I think it would hook up to your new jewel (not 100% on this...but I'm sure someone here is). Think the gentleman would like $125 for it. If you're interested send me a PM and I'll put you in touch.

Thanks Stumpy,but we have a garden that's been in so long you could till it with an eggbeater! (Have an old Troy for twice a year,spring and fall).We used to have a big garden,and if what we have left changes size,it will only get smaller,but thanks for the info.I'll tell you one thing for sure,this Sovereign mows better than anything I ever used!

cody welcome to the club, congradulations on the bew purchase :) I am sorry that i was not abel to weigh in on the opinions before you bought but glad to see you relyied on the good advice found here. I joined this club a while back when i was searching for help on repairing a sovereign 3112h that i got from my uncles widow, that was about 2-3 years ago and i have been a daily visitor/contributor since then. my 3112h is a 68 and is a true workhorse, other than regular maintenence and a few unforcene repairs the machine has proformed well weather it was tilling mowing or snowblowing. Like the others have said it was a true bread and butter workhorse. i was and am very impressed with the brand, just think to be abel to get parts for a machine that is well over 30+ years old. Well the old girl was getting a little tired and having a little extra money i decided to get a good used one, well to make a long story short, in my area they( good semi new sovereign class tractors arround) Well i rember visiting a old-time dealer in my area that had 1 NOS sovereign in his yard i visited him and well he still had it 6months later, we negotiated a bit but it still cost me 6,300 :O It has p/s and the ohv/ohc kohler engine. all of the attachments from my 3112h have been abel to be adapted to service on the new machine which saved me literally thousands. I have no complaints abouth the new machine i am very lucky to have the luxury of the money to get it it will be my last tractor for a while (getting married may 17th) lol i personally like to know that for 40 years the same design has worked great. While it is not as aerodynamis or eurgonamic than a new legacy it suits my needs and it still has a 2yr warranty. it s ounds like you got a fine deal and i would have gone that route if i had the chance to pick one up, good luck with your new purchase, i think you will be more than pleased at what these machines can do. good luck john

Thanks John,this Sovereign is a "real" tractor for sure.Don't think I would be interested in the new designs.Good luck to you and your new bride,hope your marriage lasts as long as your Sovereign!:D