Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Infected by Yellow Fever, is there a cure???

thedaddycat

Well, now I've gone and done it...... done got myself a case of Yellow Fever. This one will likely end up as my mower so I don't have to take the deck off for other jobs. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2319527040

Good looking tractor Kirk, There is no known cure for "Yellow Fever" [:0] The only known treatment is more yellow tractors.....;):o):D Next you'll been needing a B1, then a B10 then a Big Ten....:p:D

hey, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D^:p:o) & AND YELLOW WASN'T YOUR COLOR..............YOU SAID!

Yellow??????? Maybe you could paint it orange and reletter it a B-112SP (special) ken

Now see what you did to me Rob!!!!!!!!!! Leave your daughter's AC around my yard for a while and now I have one of the darned things....... But hey, now I will have TWO of those 46" HD plows, one of each color. May have to sell that cable lift sickle bar and one HD plow to keep out of trouble with Mama-san though..... BTW, I got a Shaftsman vac cart with a 5 hp Briggs to run the vac from my buddy who had me doing all that stuff on his tractor. Down side, it's for a right side discharge deck. Up side, looks like four bolts hold engine/vac to frame and I can rotate it 180 so it'll work for a left side discharge deck..... Now I just need an adaptor from vac to deck and some hose.....

BE Very VERY CAREFUL!!! It Could lead to 'Persian Orange-eyetus'!!! I've seen it happen to Many! Next thing ya know, you're seeing the chiropractor twice a week to get your neck back in alignment (You coulda SWORN you saw some Orange behind that last garage, at 70 mph). (tee hee.............) Looks GREAT!! JP

Daddycat, It sure looks like a keeper to me:D I bet you can stroke it and it will purr. Let me know if you need to sell one of the blades. I think they would fit my AC712. Dan

Yellow fever is not curable, but you can treat the symptoms by a juicy dose of orange... like a 2012... :p

I'd have to say that the only way to cure it is to keep buying until you OD or your family and friends sit you down and tell you about your "problem"!;)

Nice tractor Kirk! Wish that show here in Jersey would have worked out, that would bring lots of attention. Not much yellow here in the Garden State.

Some people like yellow so much they start thinking about painting their 900 series green tractors yellow............ [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/Brent_Baumer/916H.jpg[/img]

Brent, The hood looks great, but the running boards and seat deck could use some attention;):D:D:D:o)

Kirk, That sure will be a nice tractor but maybe you could paint it orange and buy some new decals.
quote:
by JP I've seen it happen to Many! Next thing ya know, you're seeing the chiropractor twice a week to get your neck back in alignment (You coulda SWORN you saw some Orange behind that last garage, at 70 mph).
That's pretty good, must have been what happen to me. I just went to the chiropractor today since my back has been hurting for about 3 months, he did some xrays and found that almost all of my vertibrae are twisted too much to the left :DGotta go approx. 2 months to straighten it back out. Wife said the same thing about looking around garages for them tractors while driving.

Hopefully finish the job next week. Then off to Portland the following week to buy a pair of bar tires for the rear. Then it should be lookin' good enough for the gallery - I hope. Never did find any brilliant yellow. Had to settle for this shade of gloss from Orschelns. Brent

Nice find Kirk! After amassing a stable of "orange" I finally bought some "yellow" last month. I have to admit though, it wasn't the color that got me, it was those great fenders on my B-10. Man I love those fenders! I bet your B-112 will be around a long time. Enjoy! Larry

Thats a good lookin B112 Kirk, welcome to the club of owning one of the best of the B series..Your gonna like your 'poor mans hydro' when mowing..MPH

Kirk, nice tractor (my favorite is my first--HB212). BTW there is NO cure...just keep buying yellow, (orange works also). Sad to say we will eventually die from this desease (or some other) but we die HAPPY!!

Well, I took a little drive today and got the B-112. Yes, it's a "Poor Man's Hydro" just like the 3310V(my "First Love") and it runs fine but seems a bit noisy with the brake pushed down....... have to check that out. Here are a few shots of the first Yellow in the stable, which now numbers 12(10 Simplicity, 1 Allis, 1 Jake). The first two shots are of the 46" HD plow. The angle adjustment slots are tight but the latch seems a bit stiff, a good cleaning and check of the spring is in order.......

Home made hitch for towing trailers around with. This will be removed since I have one of the repro hitches that will fit front or rear ends of these tractors. While the green section is bolted on, that part that's lower and looks like it was made for a trailer ball is welded to the rear hitch brackets and will need to be cut off. I will add a rear lift.

The center PTO has the guard in place, but the Welch Plug from the carb is missing and is duct-taped over....... I have the other armrest pad, just need to get two screws and attach it. A section of truck bed mat will become a deflector for the mower deck to keep the kids and windows safe......

Front PTO pulley with belt stops intact, how would that SLI Weed Cutter look out here???

Look close and you'll see the home brew "Pulley Stop" that rubs on the inside of the rear variable pulley when the brake is pressed. It's about even with the back end of the belt guard above the drive belt. The spring is silver and you'll see a dark band around the outer circumfrence of the rear pulley where it rubs. I can see the need for a session with the Greased Lightning cleaner and hose back here.....

Front tires will need to go, but I have a spare set that I got while trying to find the correct fronts for the 2012 resto project. Since I have a tire changer that will be a short job.

Kirk, Good looking rig. I have a trailer ball hitch that looks similar to your green one. Mine came on the 725 I got out of Columbus, Ohio.

Good looking tractor Kirk, I bet that brush cutter from SLI would look great on the front....^8D