Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
MPAQALLIS

AC 310 Rear Lift weight capacity

Kent
How strong is your left arm? :) Seriously, I don't know of a rating for the rear lift, but I would estimate that it is probably somewhere in the 200lb plus range. I'd think it will certainly handle the weight of even the HD tiller that was introduced later for the 700 series: [img]http://simpletractors.com/images/700_series_images/700_atch3_lg.jpg[/img] However, you might need to come up with some type of counterbalance weight on the front hitch to help you lift it, similar to the one for the older B-series shown in the lower right corner of this picture: [img]http://simpletractors.com/images/b_attachments_images/options.jpg[/img]

strassmaier
I have a 310D with the electric rear lift. The tiller meant to go on the unit weighs 202 pounds, so your at least good to that point. I have a pretty heavy scraper blade, and that sure isn't a problem :).

greenmack
AHH!!! Finally talking about the same tractor I have. The arm that runs too the rear lift has a high tinsel streght. The weak point is at the mount where the two small tabs hold it too thelift arm. I have had over 250lbs on mine. The only drawback is a tired left arm. If any body has or knows where I can find the front bracket for the factory snowthrower I would be very greatful. DAVE L.

greenmack
There is a bracket that is "C" shaped it goes under the engines two front bolts than it goes down each side. It bolts on where the pullies for the mower deckbolt on. I have a picture of it . Too bad I cannot figure out how too post it. thanks.