Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

What does this weight fit

mowerman1193
I bought this weight for my 728 Broadmoor.It fits where the mowerdeck hooks up but it only fits offset(one tab goes into the tab on the tractor but the other has to go on the outside of the tab....so I dont think it is really made for it.After seeing the weight GregC bought I would like to get one like that, but before selling this one I would like to know what its really for. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/mowerman1193/Weight.JPG[/img] Thanks for any tips,

Charlieson
It looks like a front weight. Maybe it goes on a Sovereign or larger frame tractor. There is a post with pictures of weights from the front of tractors. ddh

gregc
Kevin, Have you tried it on your 4211? I think it will fit the 4000, 5000, and 6000 series tractors. I think it's a 1690257 front counter weight. Check this out: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_200_3387_00_AT_SMA.pdf

mowerman1193
Hey Greg,thanks for that link...I did put it on it this morning just trying it out and it did not seem to work right on it either, but I see I was mounting it different.I will try it out again in the morning to see.Maybe I should keep it as I just picked up a free grass catcher a while back. Thanks again for your help,