Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

MYSTERY PULLEY ?

JBLACK

Hi all it`s been a long time since since I`ve posted but working full time and farming part time keeps me busy!! Ok heres my question when I bought my 1964 land lord 101 it had the small tiller with it no pto or anything . What did come with it was the drive belt for the tiller and an 8 inch pulley that looks like it should replace the standard drive pulley is that an optional gear reduction? I have only seen 10 inch for gear reduction this pulley measures 8 in. across and about 24inches around roughly. Any ideas? thanx JohnB. ?

I've heard of 9" and 10" speed reduction pulleys but not an 8"... If you have a matching belt, though, it would work.

Well I am going to my local simp dealer and take the pulley along to varify it .I am sure it was used on my tractor but for what specific purpose (other than tilling ) who knows JB. PS. Kent I will have to tell you about my latest find!