Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hitches

dav

My Big Ten has what I think is a sleeve or tube hitch. It's what was on it when I got it. Is this better than a three point hitch? Or is it just a manufacturer's way to pressure us into buying their product by limiting what will fit? Are there conversion kits and does it really make any difference anyway?

What it sounds like you have is just the regular standard simplicity hitch for simplicity brand implements. There were no three point hitches offered for these tractors however a sleeve hitch was later made available and is what all brinly attachments require. They can still be obtained from simplicity but aren't real cheap. The main thing you would but from simplicity would be the clevis. The hardware you should buy somewhere else much cheaper. I wouldn't call it a way of limiting you to simplicity attachments because at the time it was designed the brinly sleeve hitches weren't common if they even existed. -Chris

As far as I'm concerned, Allis / Simplicity has one heck of of good design, and used OEM attachments are readily available at fair prices. If you use 3 point attachments, you'll have all sorts of other problems making them work.

Well said Herb! I have three AC/Simplicity tractors running ranging from 1963 to 1991 and most of my equipment will fit on all of them. Larry